mandag den 1. november 2010

Halloween Weekend

So this weekend was the weekend where halloween arrived. And here is what went on

Halloween Dance

Friday night almost everyone from 2.y went to the halloween dance at the college. Even though it can't compare to a danish "gymnasie fest" it was still kind of fun. The school had definitely done a good job decorating the party venue to set the halloween mood among us students. Despite the non-alcoholic drinks and childish cupcakes we still managed to keep a high spirit and enjoy ourselves. In the first 30 minutes of the party the smoke alarm went on because of the smoke machine. Everyone had to move outside in the cold, cold weather and try to keep a positive and festive atmosphere. When the party moved inside again pretty much everyone, besides us danes, went crazy. I have never in my life seen people dance the way they did without a single drop of alcohol in their blood, but it was still fun to witness. Almost everyone had dressed up either scary or funny except me; I was supposed to be a little fairy and of course i forgot to bring my wings, but i guess that's just me being me.

Cruiseing 
View at the Husky's football Stadium

This was pretty much the view from our humble little cruise ship. Now i finally (or unfortunately) know why Seattle is called the rainy city. It rained all saturday and it wasn't the best way to spend a day in otherwise lovely downtown Seattle. We took a little boat trip at South Lake Union. We got to se a lot of floating houses, and Bill Gage's humble entertainment house with only 101 computers and 3 garages that each fits 10 cars. It's amazing how much one man can need. After that Cathrine, Steffen and I went to dinner, since we where the only ones who refused to pay 24 dollars for a modest hamburger and a n unlimited refill soda at Hard Rock Café. 

And Halloween It Is!

Then came sunday, halloween day. My family is not American so they didn't make a big deal out of halloween. But on my run with Steffen and Kåre (I'm to scared to run by myself, come on it's America) we saw a house that was swallowed up by all of the halloween decorations in front of it. That and some children trick and treating by our door was probably my whole halloween experience. But seeing how people decorate their houses for halloween I can only imagine how they will decorate their houses for christmas. I'm excited to be filled with a little christmas joy on my last days in Lynnwood. And only a month to go. I can't believe. Time sure does pass by faster than the speed of light. 

1 kommentar:

  1. The good thing is that you guys have not had many days of rain! I think all the normal Seattle rain has come to DK because it has rained almost the entire time you have been gone! :-)

    SvarSlet