søndag den 21. november 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

So yesterday many people from 2.y wen't to the AMC theater next to Alderwood Mall to see the new Harry Potter movie.


I have seen all the movies but in some weird way I have only read book number 5. The movie premiered last friday so of course the 4.10 showing (the one we wen't to) was completely sold out. Since we predicted this we showed up to stand in line about 2 hours before the movie started. So we were some of the first ones in line. And as the start of the movie approached the line became so long that they had to continue the line on the other side of the hall.  To experience the american way of watching movies we chose to see it on the huge, huge IMAX screen. It was pretty staggering and amazing. Everyone was really excited for the movie to start, and we made tactics to get the best spots in the auditorium, that involved running, running and more running. And we succeeded. We got some of the best spots.
 The movie started with the infamous tunes of Harry Potter. I personally thought that it was one of the best Harry Potter movies, but everyone who had read the book seemed to be rather disappointed. Even though Hogwarts and the rest of the Harry Potter universe didn't take part in the storyline it worked for me. The movie was a bit confusing though. I thought that this was one of the movies where you should have read the book to really understand the movie. The movie though was impressive with great actors, amazing footage, major chocks (which was enhanced by the extremely loud sound in the IMAX theater, that cannot be compared to a regular theater)  and some fun moments. So if i had to give it a judgement i would give it 4 out of 6 stars and call it a must see.
 It was another fun night with the people of 2.y

1 kommentar:

  1. I am so jealous!!! Maybe I will get a chance to see it when I get back to DK!!! It looks AWESOME!

    SvarSlet